Have you ever looked at pictures from your past and compared them to today? Don't you see yourself as wiser and more confident? More together? More sure of yourself? With humor, I bet you even think your overall style and way of carrying yourself has improved. Yet, in all seriousness, I feel a woman's beauty only blossoms with age because most women, past a certain age, fully embrace themselves. Women over 30, have not only come to terms with who they truly are, but also have the resources and know-how to pursue their own self-growth and development. What is also great for mature women is their ability to live free of fear or the opinion of others. In my opinion, it is personal growth that expresses our beauty and keeps us looking youthful.
Top Ten Ways to Keep Growing
with Youthful Beauty
2. Read Daily. Read anything from magazine, newspapers, to books. Keep your imagination and critical mind active. Stay informed, and allow your mind to create its own images. Both of these suggestions are important in our digital world. Daily reading also helps to reduce cognitive decline as we age.
5. Tap into your feminine energy. Let's face it, we live in a male dominated, masculine world. We are always on the go, go, go. Don't be afraid to slow down and do things that help you to tap into your feminine energy. Perhaps it's getting your nails done, wearing make-up, buying that perfect outfit, or treating yourself to a spa day. Whatever it is for you, be sure to ALLOW yourself some personal time.
6. Take care of your skin. Wash and moisturize your face and body daily. I also recommend exfoliating your entire body with an exfoliant rag or sponge at least once a week to get all the dead skin off your body. To wash, I recommend sensitive skin face washes, and natural body washes or bar soaps. For moisturizers, I recommend facial oils or natural creams. In the a.m. I make sure to apply moisturizer that has SPF of 15 plus. At night, I wash all of my makeup off and use either a night-time cream or oil. I recommend keeping your products as natural as possible. Taking care of our skin is critical to maintaining youth. I moisturize my entire body at least twice a day, especially after I shower. Please do not use body or face washes with micro-beads. These are deadly for our oceans and plankton species because they are plastic. This plastic is nearly impossible to remove from our oceans and fresh water reserves.
8. Eat whole foods! It is so much better for our organs, digestion, blood sugar, and brain to eat whole foods, opposed to processed foods. Anything that says "enriched" should be avoided. Enriched means the natural nutrients of the food have been stripped away and have been replaced with additives, supplementations, and/or artificial ingredients. Typically, if I cannot read an ingredient, or know exactly where it came from organically, I won't buy it. A once in a while "junk food" treat won't hurt you, but don't keep it a daily habit.
10. Pause in Silence. Each day make sure you reflect on your daily life and choices. Allow yourself quiet time. Having silence in our day is very important, especially if you live in a busy city, a noisy part of town, or have a job with lots of noise and stimulation. Allow yourself to "unplug" from technology. You can do lots of things to allow the pause mode to settle into your life. You can meditate, journal, go for a walk without music, take a hot bath, drive home in silence, or drink a cup of coffee in silence before anyone else is awake and talking to you. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.
All my best wishes,