This year I was inspired by a meditation exercise from the Yoga Journal. The meditation practice focused on checking in with your most heartfelt desire(s). After I completed the meditation, I realized what is most important to me is creating more family in my life since I often feel isolated as a single woman in California. I also realized that I really want to be a mother, and I want to attract a relationship that will move me in that direction. Looking back at my collages from previous years, I have noticed little desires reappear year after year. For example, being fit, healthy and strong reappear each year. This year, my desire to be fit and healthy is less about me and more about what is yet to be in my life. It is my intention to be fit and healthy, so that I can be an amazing mother someday who is active and youthful.
Last year, my focus was on winning trophies as a figure athlete and I ended up winning trophies in two competitions. Amazing right? This year, however, I want a trophy to be a baby or at least the opportunity to care for a child in a paternal way. The creation of these collages, and the exercise that go with them, absolutely help to create your most ideal life. I hope my anecdote is proof that this exercise works (click to watch a video on how these collages really work) .
Below is a suggested exercise for you to practice prior to making your collage. I hope this exercise serves you well and moves you into the direct that is most heart centered and alive.
Steps for creating a Manifestation Collage
First, create a time to be alone. Your time alone will allow you to deeply connect with your heart. You can choose to be in your car, the shower, meditating, or on a walk. Just give yourself permission to create solitary space.
Once you have that space, let yourself be quiet. Let yourself hear and feel your breath. Notice what comes up for you when you meditate upon the question: “What is my most heartfelt desire?”
As you breathe and meditate on this question what major images come to mind? What sounds rush to your ears? What shows up in your heart? Perhaps there is a theme or series of things, or maybe it is one single concept or desire. Whatever comes up for you, hold on to those images and ideas.
Then, answer the following questions, either aloud or through journaling:
- What do I want to experience this year and how will I make that happen?
- What role do I play in the most important relationships in my life? What do I look like, act like, sound like, and feel like within these relationships?
- How do I see my actions impacting my loved ones?
- What do I want to give to the world this year?
- This year, how do I want to grow mentally? How do I want to grow spiritually? How do I want to grow physically?
- How can I actively commitment to my most heartfelt desire(s)?
- What needs to happen in the next 6 months for me to obtain my goals? What needs to happen in the next 12 months? What needs to happen in the next 16 months?
- What is my first necessary action to make my life manifest in the direction I most desire?
As the year unfolds, check in with your manifestation art and check-in to see if you are authentically crafting your most ideal life. Throughout the year, create some alone time. This time alone will allow you to reconnect with your most heartfelt desires. Notice if your desires change as you grow as a person. In addition, periodically answer the manifestation questions to see if you are actively participating with the goals you set out for yourself. If your direction in life changes as the year unfolds then see if you can approach those changes with acceptance, understanding, and trust, so that you can move forward in your life with dignity and grace.