I saw this great post recently which got my spouse and I talking about bodybuilding and what it has offered to our lives. Both my fiancé and I have spent majority of our lives as competitive athletes, but it was bodybuilding that really showed us something unique and inspiring about ourselves. This is what I have learned from bodybuilding and why I love it.
1. To do something great with yourself, you have to be willing to commit a significant amount of time, you must be patient, and you must be willing to be uncomfortable so you can transform.
2. Compete and train throughout your life because you want to improve yourself not so you can get approval or acceptance from others. No trophy will make you love yourself.
3. Know that the journey is going to be hard, but it’s going to be worth it, so never give up.
4. You are going to meet some amazing people along the way, but you will also meet a lot of shady dark people. Make sure you are in the light and stay with those who shine.
5. You will not win at anything if you have a negative mentality. First you have to conquer your own mind.
6. The journey is far more glorious than the end result.
7. The little things really make a huge difference, but at the same time don’t get hung up on superficial details.
8. Simplicity is best.
9. Don’t horde your knowledge. Share with others what has been shared with you and never once think that there is only one path.
10. When you think you’re done you have really only begun because there is no such thing as perfection. Keep growing and learning.
11. Don’t let success or failure get to your head. Your ego really is not your amigo.
12. When it’s all said and done make sure you’re happy.
Everything I said is true. If you find my list to be uplifting and is something you want to be part of or mentions things you want to be part of your life, then reach out! I would love to share with you the world of weight training and how to make your nutrition work for you. All it takes is a click of a button to start a whole new lifestyle. Come on, JOIN ME and start feeling better than you could have ever imagined.
Whether you have a gym membership or not, you can always train. Click the links above to start creating your own at home gym. Fitness is something that enriches your life. Use my affiliate links to help build both a home gym and the body you want.
These bands are great. I use bands to help me sculpt my glutes, even when I train at the gym.
I am a new mother who has her hands full! I juggle not just my coaching business, but I am also a full time educator. I also teach yoga in the Bay Area, and I mentor first generation college students.